Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Las Vegas



Last week, my company took a large group of us to Las Vegas where we stayed at the Pallazzo. We watched Cirque du Soleil (my first time), I went to the spa, I read by the pool, danced, ate amazing food, and read by the pool some more. The suites were gorgeous! It was an amazing experience.

On Saturday night, I didn't make any plans. At 5pm, I left the Cabana by the pool and wandered over to the spa. I spent two hours wandering in a giant plush terry cloth robe from one room to the next. One room would have giant lounging chairs to read on. Another room was stone with heat oozing from the stones. Another room had chairs in the shapes of waves that you could lay back on and watch reflections of water rush in around a drain, over and over again. The Igloo room provided a cool herbal shower. The Crystal Steam room was hot and steamy. The Swedish Sauna was hot and dry. One room had showers: carribean storm, tropical rain storm, and some light rain option that I can't remember. And of course there was the hot tub. I was a happy little nudist bouncing from one room to the next.

After the spa, I went to find something to eat. Instead of saving money, (which I should have done), I decided to find a nice restaurant. I wandered into Emeril's restaurant and asked for a seat at the bar facing the kitchen. I spent the meal reading and watching the chefs run like mad around the kitchen. The food was incredible. I enjoyed a filet mignon and a banana cream pie. The chef across from me began to chit chat amicably after the rush died down. It was amazing to watch him cook my steak from start to finish. So cool! I was the only one at the counter, because everyone else was in a large party, laughing and enjoying the food at a table. I feel like I enjoyed the better experience though. Sometimes being alone has its definite perks.

Friday night, we ate dinner at a beautiful Italian restaurant. I enjoyed homemade pasta. It was incredible! The company paid for everything. My coworkers enjoyed unlimited amounts of red and white wine. I enjoyed unlimited amounts of water! :)

After dinner, we all dressed for the club and went to Club Lavo. The club was okay. It was packed to the hilt. And we were packed in like cattle. I loved the theme. As you walk into the club, there are beautiful old faucets running. It's difficult to describe. At the club, ladies in Grecian robes pretend to bath themselves in front of you. And of course, the cocktail waitresses were all in black lingerie, because what else are you going to serve drinks in?

It was an amazing weekend.

2 comments:

Clarissa Jane said...

oooohhh la, la. looks like someone is having WAAAAAAAAYYY too much fun without me!!
remind me again why i'm married, with kids and not still single, gallivanting around the world?! ;)

Eve said...

I wish I had what you have! The grass is always greener, eh? I miss you sweetpea. We need to chat!