Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pet Sitting

I am petsitting to make some money to pay the rent.

Here are the glorious details of this beautiful adventure.

Bloo is part black lab/part siberian husky. She's still a puppy really. She has giant paws with sharp nails. She likes to jump up on me to show me that she loves me.  She loves to play ball. Sometimes when we play I am standing and she bounds towards me with the ball, crashing into me with her teeth, her claws and her whole body. I have all sorts of scratches all over from this fun pasttime.

I have adapted the game in order to preserve my life. Now I sit in a reclining love seat and watch tv. I open up the doors. I throw the ball down the hall. The dog bounds off after the ball and brings the drool covered tennis ball back to me. I make her release it so that it will roll towards my hip. I do not grab the ball from her snarling mouth. Then I throw the ball again. The funny part is that she is so much like the little dog on Toy Story 3. She'll trot towards me with the ball and then see another toy she wants to play with. She'll drop the ball and play, then go after the ball, but see something else she wants to play with.

The game consists of Me: Throw. Sit and watch some random tv show. Bloo: Bounds towards ball. Plays with bone. Plays with piece of wood. Plays with chew toy. Brings ball to me. Me: Throw. Sit and watch random tv show. 

It is enjoyable for both of us. And less painful.

The cat.

The cat is very old and suffering from a kidney disorder that makes her pee and poop everywhere. She is confined to one room. This room is smelly. Every morning I clean up the pee and the poop and feed her. That's pretty much it. When I agreed to do this, I was most concerned about the grossness of dealing with a litter box. I shouldn't have been concerned. This is worse. Much worse.

But I'm making money over the holidays during a time when I can't substitute. So I am indeed grateful for this chance to make some money.




1 comment:

Joseph L. Puente said...

Sandy's son, Newman, agreed to take care of somebody's dog last year for a while. They failed to mention until AFTER he agreed to the job, that he would be required to apply a moisturizer DAILY to the dog's penis because it was too long for its sheath. Yeah, that's the sort of thing you want to know ahead of time so you can pass on the job and the type of thing the owners need to keep quiet otherwise they won't find anybody to take the job. :-)