Monday, February 24, 2014

Crazy Dream/Crazy Life

I can only remember snippets now because it's been a couple of hours.

My mom was in it. She was trying to do something, but I didn't know if it was possible. I was trying to help her. But I don't remember what it was.

The clearest memory I have is that I had invented this device where you traveled in a self propelled water turbine type thing.

It looked like this water wheely thingy--only it was clear and plastic and I stood in the middle of it and made it go with my feet. You couldn't sit in it--you were standing--and the wheel turned around you--but you stayed standing as your feet made it move. I decided to ride it from San Francisco to Utah. San Francisco was only a 15 minute water wheel ride away. I started in this clear canal with tall San Francisco buildings all around me. I felt like I was riding through a canyon of beautiful city buildings. Eventually the canal stopped at dry land and I found I could ride my wheel over the land as well. Then I saw another canal and dropped my wheel into the canal.

This time the water was heavy with mud and I could barely move. I saw something moving to the side and realized it was a snake. Then as I went further into the bog, a huge snake the width of a man and about 15 feet long sidled up along my clear wheel. I don't know how I did it--but I managed to retreat from the bog and go back. The fear of the giant snakes woke me up and I tried to make sure I remembered my dream.

But the beginning part is lost to me. Hmmm... Riding a glass wheel into a snake filled bog? What does that mean Mr. Freud?

There was this basketball game happening too somewhere, but I didn't want to play in it. I just wanted to get things done while others were distracted by the game. Hmmm...

Memory is such a funny thing.

Yesterday was a great day. The women of the choir at church sang "I Feel My Savior's Love" and the two speakers were excellent and inspiring. Seriously. I have a new calling at church. I'm the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. Well, one of them. We have a large ward of adults--so there are 6 relief societies. I'm really excited to get to know the women in the presidency and to get to know the women in the relief society better. The word that keeps coming back to me is "counsel". I am not leading, I'm counseling. I have to remember this when I feel inclined to be get all bossypants about things. I think it will help me to be a better person honestly--and so in that way, I'm excited about it. I am nervous about whether I'm up for the task though. But I will try very hard. And that's all I can really do.

Yesterday was the first day, and I realized before I went in that I couldn't sit in my front corner bench by the piano with my feet up on the bench, eating candy and playing games on my phone during the lesson anymore. Now I have to sit up front with my legs together, paying attention. I shall behave like a lady now! I will miss my bench.

My step-dad has been in the hospital for the past little bit. It's been a great opportunity to gather with my siblings and witness how much love my mom and he share. They are so cute. Kim and I tried to give my mom a break for a few hours Saturday, but he kept asking for her. It was absolutely tender. They've been married for 23 years now. My favorite part was watching Kim feed her dad. "You took care of me, now I get to take care of you." It was a sweet moment. She's a great nurse.

I am not a good nurse. But I do what I can! I brought daffodils and some green beans and biscuits from KFC so my mom would eat something she enjoyed.

He's going to heal--but some things just take time.

Last night, I fell into bed at 8, but didn't manage to get to sleep until 11. I woke up feeling like a dump truck had run me over. I don't feel sick, just over exhausted. I think I should start juicing or something.

So there's a little slice of my life right now. How are you? I hope everyone reading is doing well. Have a lovely day folks. If someone wants to invent the giant human wheely thingy, I wouldn't go for a ride in a bog.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect pick for a counselor. You will bring alot of love and perspective to the presidency. awesome!