Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Must Find Silverlining

I lost my job. Whoopie.

Today is my 2nd day without employment. And I'm officially bored.

During the past three months, I've been working full time, preparing to play Mrs. Lovett and acting as musical director for one of the most difficult musicals...

And now I'm unemployed and the show is up and running.

I've applied to unemployment, I've pumped up my linked in profile, I've self-promoted up the wazoo...

And now I'm watching tv and eating pizza that my dear friend Miss Heather bought for me.

There are a number of things that have gone wrong over the past year... but really... that's just sooo not what I wanna be about.

Here is a list of blessings. Because I came to Utah....

I have been able to get to know my little sister Bethany and her new baby Kannon.
I have been able to spend quality time with my little brother Nick before he goes on a mission.
I got to sing at my cousin Maren's wedding.
I got to stay with my grandma and get to know her better.
I got to play two dream roles--Nurse Rached and Mrs. Lovett.
I have made lifelong friends and reunited with other lifelong friends from days past.

I need to get a new job, but I'd like to make the most of the unemployment time. I'm going to start teaching lessons and substitute teach whenever possible. And I'm going to keep acting! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

What HAPPENED? I am so sorry? Last month, they send you to a luxury suite in Las Vegas?! I am so so sorry, Eve :-(

Eve said...

They were good to me. I was terminated for attendance issues. My attendance issues were excusable based on health issues I was having. You know me, I hate missing work. But, the policy only excuses you for the second day you miss--not the first. I would miss one day, but make it back for the second day--so none of my doctor's notes did me any good. I was one of several let go over the past few weeks. And we were all top salespeople. I'm hoping that it's a sign that better things are coming.

Christina said...

Eve, I think your focus is totally pointed in the right direction - toward the blessings. I really admire that in you, because I know the kind of weight these things can put on a person. Keep looking up and I know you'll be blessed for it. Huh, that just made me think of this talk from conference. http://lds.org/general-conference/print/2011/10/it-is-better-to-look-up/?lang=eng
I've listened to it a few times since conference and I must say that it is a comfort. I'm so sorry for this crummy time, but love you, my dear! You'll be in my prayers.

Eve said...

Thanks Christina! I will listen to the talk!