Reasons not to get a dog:
1) I live in an apartment and there are days where I'm gone a long time.
2) Upfront costs.
3) I can barely take care of myself, let alone an animal.
4) All of my plants are dead. Shouldn't it be required that you keep plants alive before graduating to larger living things?
Reasons I want to get a dog anyway:
1) If I can find the right breed, I think the doggie will be happy in my little apartment. Although, I think it would be kinder to get two doggies so they can keep each other company.
2) I will wait until I get taxes back and use that for upfront costs.
3) I am not good at taking care of myself because it's me. Maybe because it's taking care of other little souls--I'll inadvertently care for myself. I can talk myself out of going on a walk by myself in the morning--an enriching experience--but I won't have a choice when it comes to the doggies. This will help me out as well.
4) I will google many things and make sure that I don't kill the doggies.
5) My parents love doggies.
Things I imagine doing with my doggie:
1) I could put up a little doggie gate at the office and have my doggie here with me at the office when I'm at work.
2) I could set up a doggie bed at the foot of my bed and leave the curtains open so the doggies can watch people go by during the day.
3) I can take the doggies for little walks around my neighborhood as the sun is rising.
4) We can trot along the sidewalk in the evening.
5) We can go visit my parents and surprise them with puppy kisses!
I'm going to make myself wait until mid March before I go to the pound. If not, I'll fall in love with a doggie now--and I need to give myself enough time to let these thoughts percolate.