Friday, April 24, 2015

One Day Closer to Healthy

I read in a book that fat people know more about dieting than anyone else.

So here's a fat girl telling you the latest weight loss strategy I'm utilizing.

But let me start at the beginning. Why do I want to lose some weight? Antonio loves me just the way I am. Even when I feel completely unattractive, he absolutely adores me.

Back in January, my mom and I went shopping for a wedding dress.

I tried on a few at David's Bridal. This was very fun. I looked spectacular! We figured with alterations and add ons, it was going to cost about $700.

And then we went and visited a lady in Bountiful who was selling her wedding dress. She was so sweet. She really just needed to get rid of the dress. We visited with her for a little bit and I tried on the dress. It didn't come close to fitting. But I bought it anyway. I just really felt like it was the right thing to do. She needed to see the dress go to a good home. It's weird I know. It was only $100 and the dress is really exactly what I want. Simple and elegant. No rhinestones, lace, or pearls. Just little flowers embroidered. I love it.

But it didn't fit.

I got to know a very generous seamstress who took out the dress as much as possible. After that, the dress zipped--which was a relief. But it was still sooo tight.

So last week, after making Daniel a chore chart--I made myself a chore chart.

On my chore chart, I wrote down chores that I don't do because it's just hard to get motivated to do them. I don't have to do them daily--but when I do, life is better. I feel better.

Here are some of my chores:
Make bed (I have done that one once this week...)
Drink 100 ounces of water with lemon
Walk Atticus (I usually go for one mile)
100 situps
50 pushups
100 leg lifts
Scriptures
Blog
Eat a salad
Don't eat after 8 pm
Put away clothes
Dishes
Vacuum
Take my multivitamin

Since last Wednesday, I've lost 9 pounds. It's probably water weight, but I feel better letting my digestive system fast for a good twelve hours between 8 and 8. My back feels stronger because I'm working my core. Drinking lots of water has helped me to avoid hunger. I feel no guilt eating delicious cake or casserole, as long as it's before 8. I just make sure I eat my big salad so that I have less cravings.

And that's it. Those are my chores.

I check off my little chore chart and I feel better.

I know there are a lot of diet programs out there. I know that people have a lot of reasons to lose weight. Experience teaches me that in a month, I'll need to add a new element and switch things up. Our bodies get used to the changes and the weight loss slows considerably. And so I'll try new things like adding yoga or running up to the street corner with Atticus. Little things.

It's the little things that make you one day closer to healthy.

No comments: