Friday, February 29, 2008

I'd talk about the Academy Awards, but except for Tilda Swinton winning for Michael Clayton--nothing was really all that surprising. I LOVED the performance from Once though!

I started working with Maryland Shakespeare Festival last week. I adore my day job now! I leave the house at 7am and get home at 6pm--except during the 4 nights I teach classes from 6-10:30pm. Needless to say, my body was hammered and unprepared to ward off illness.

I have been sick for the past three days. It's horrible! I haven't felt this helpless in ages. I kept bursting into tears yesterday everytime I was faced with a decision! Should I take VA-7 or the beltway? Should I get out of the car, or try and sleep longer? Stupid decisions that on any other day wouldn't have required much thought.

The artistic director at MSF asked me if I'd like to do their summer show. Again--that whole decision thing--luckily I didn't cry. I just cowered behind Spencer and said--"I'll do it if he does it!" Which makes total sense because I'm not about to drive an hour to rehearsals without my carpool buddy.

He's not doing it, so I'm not doing it! Decision made!

I went to teach class after rehearsal last night. I dragged my sorry body into the classroom and sat bundled up in my coat and scarf, shivering, while heat radiated from my eyeballs. I began to cough, and realized that I was being idiotic. I sent them home early and made my way to my car, throwing up every 3 or 4 feet.

So far I've lost 13 pounds. It's kind of exciting!!

(I'm kidding.)

(sort of.)

It's been a splendid week otherwise though. I'm enjoying all of the rehearsals, and the chance to act again just makes me giddy! And Spencer is proving to be a fantastic new friend. It's wonderful how Heavenly Father brings people into your life at just the right moment. He's really been a blessing.

I should hit the hay. I've gotta nip this thing in the bud before next week starts up!

1 comment:

Ace said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you being sick. Not fun. Lots of hugs.