Thursday, March 6, 2008

General Worries

It's a gorgeous Thursday morning. I don't have rehearsal today because yesterday we opened the show! It went incredibly well, despite the fact that I can't talk. We performed for a middle school in Baltimore and the kids loved it. After the performances, we do a Shakespeare workshop with the kids and we learned to love them right back. The teacher who had asked us to come just raved about the whole experience, and before we had finished the third workshop, she called and asked if we could return to do more workshops with the kids. So, we'll probably be back next week.

It was a great way to start our tour. We'll be touring around the tri-state area, visiting schools and teaching residencies and workshops until June. Then that job ends, and hopefully another one will begin.

So now I find myself on a Thursday morning, after a Wednesday that went from 4am to 11:30pm when I got home from teaching.

It's 8:03am, and I'm dressed and ready to go workout. I don't have any appointments until this afternoon. My dear roommates have done the dishes. The trash is taken out. And I have time to contemplate on myself.

Here are my worries: 1) I worry that I don't know how to have fun sometimes. I'm always trying to get things done, and fun just distracts me from the task at hand. This makes me a dull girl--and i don't want to be dull.

2) My loans will start coming due in full force in May. I really don't want a regular day job, but I worry that I'm going to have to get one.

3) I am concerned about my weight. It's not attractive.

I'm the kind of person that wants to solve worries immediately, but money and weight have always been concerns that I've hid my head in the sand about. I would like to take the next few months to seriously develop my character with regards to these two issues. As for not being fun enough--I think I'll just surround myself with fun people and hope something rubs off.

So--I'm going to be different with money. I'm going to save it! I'm going to make sure to not let checks bounce. It's going to be a new day! And as for weight loss--I'm going to go walking right now, and come back and do some big time sit-ups and push-ups. It's one day at a time I'm going down that long road. I'm gonna do it!

I'm feeling rather motivated right now, and a little hokey for sharing--but oh well!

2 comments:

Hannah S said...

I don't feel hokey that you posted that! I think it's great that you have a goal! That is the only way I see any difference. The weight issue is big for me too. It's constant. But I have to give myself little goals and realize that size 12 is just not coming yet...but I want it by my birthday the end of march so I can go buy a new pair of sexy jeans! I agree about the money thing too....I am glad the shakespeare thing is going well!!!!! I am glad you are happily working! How ideal!

Crystal said...

Yay! things are working! It is coming together, as crazy as it all feels. I am worried about weight too, but I have actually lost about... 60 pounds before- right before I met you, actually.

I gained a lot of it back, but it is the stomach disease and the fact that I stopped running. It actually took about 2 years, but it did come back when I stopped running. That'll show me.

the thing is- I was not running at first, I ran until I couldn't (about 5 minutes, realistically) then I would walk fast for a total of at least 30 minutes. Every day. I was working 3 jobs at this point sooooo... that mean't run/walking at midnight 3-4 nights a week, but I kept it up. Even on Sundays. I don't know how you feel about that- it was actually when I stopped on Sundays that I started slipping more and more until in 6 months, I was not running at all.

My plan is to start walking when it is not freezing at night. Stay away from white sugar and flour and to keep with it. I HATE being overwieght, it makes me loathe myself.

Anyway, congrats on the busy life, you are seriously one of the funnest people I know!