Thursday, January 3, 2008

Football

I've spent the last two nights watching Bowl Games. I forgot how much I love watching football! I have to decide what I'm doing for my upcoming birthday, and I think I want to either go with a group to dinner and a live show, or I want to have people over to watch one of the play-off games and eat homemade hoagies and caramel popcorn.

I'm excited to celebrate with friends--but I'm not particularly excited to age. I like my age right now. I could stay this age forever. And as far as anyone else is concerned--I will.

Tomorrow I'll embrace it. But in the meantime--I'm going to try and talk about being 29 as often as possible before my birthday. I just want to say it over and over again, "Hi! I'm Eve! I'm 29!"
"Hey, yeah--I'm totally in my 20s!"

I am pathetic.

But for the most part I have amazing friends who have gone before me into this decade and who make me feel very good about this big birthday. Some of the sexiest, coolest people I know are in their 30s. And some of the most vapid, self-absorbed idiots I know are in their 20s.

I'm not sure why I'm even bothered by this birthday when I think about it in those terms!

I love watching football while crammed on a leather couch next to two hot guys. I love watching West Virginia University play the game. They're just so elegant! It was a fabulous display of skill.

Tomorrow night Virginia Tech plays. I don't know if I can handle another late night. My co-workers thought I was hung over today. I wasn't of course, but it has been a very long week of football, dancing, and late nights.

I love New Years week!

3 comments:

Hannah S said...

Eve,
I am happy that you had a happy new year. I hope your birthday goes well. I am sure Facebook will remind me when it is:) Ya, my in-laws were all rooting against OU so they were glad Virginia creamed them. Watching and enjoying football is an admirable quality to most guys :) It scores big w/them. Keep it up!

Eve said...

I felt so sorry for the Oklahoma fans--but that Noel Devine was simply Divine!! And the West Virginia coach was so cute! He had the best smile! It was a fabulous game! I hope you had a great New Year too!

Miss Heather said...

I love football SO MUCH! It's my passion!! I think I love it even more than Michael!!!! And thanks for the nice comment about your friends in their 20's.... :o) Hey, I'll be 28 next month... I'm almost out of the "retarded" decade!! :o)