Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years!

I have to say I'm a bit of a Scrooge on New Years Eve. I have too many horrible memories of trying to find a party or have a nice time, only to end up driving alone when the ball drops. I am a bit of a New Years loser. But last night was just fun!

We started off driving to the DC Temple where my roommate was playing Mary in the live Nativity. There were hordes of people visiting because the Visitor's Center was hosting New Years Dancers from China. I met up with friends there--we hugged and then headed off to the first party of the night. When we got there we were the first guests. I found myself playing guitar hero for the first time. I think with some practice I could be a guitar master!

After a while, we all piled in cars and drove back to Virginia for more parties. I took my own car and headed straight to the church for the dance. I ran into friends from SVU, from Charlottesville, and of course from DC. I couldn't really find my groove though. But things picked up as soon as I started dancing the polka with Dave Briggs!

Then my roommates arrived after a pit stop at another party. It was so much fun to just dance with friends and celebrate the beginning of a fabulous new year!

At midnight I kissed as many guys as I could find on the cheek and enjoyed the excuse to hug everyone in sight. I danced with some great guys, but I was so happy to be around friends. I felt such love for everyone there.

After the dance, I headed to another party where I kissed more boys on the cheeks and then we went home and watched a movie on the projector. I fell asleep about 2 minutes into the movie.

It was great to celebrate 2008! Things are great in 2008!

I'm such a dork. But I'm a happy dork!

No comments: