Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Easter is my favorite holiday.

Today started off with a nice long shower. I put out Easter baskets for my two roommates last night before going to bed. I spent the morning listening to conference talks that I had missed last weekend. After enjoying a perfect omelet, I got the house ready for choir. At 11:30am the ward choir filed into practice our songs in preparation for the Easter program.

The words, "Surely, surely, he hath borne our griefs" filled the neighborhood. I cannot describe how beautiful this music is. I love this choir. "And by his wounds we are healed, we are healed."

"We all like sheep, have gone astray--each of us has turned to his own way . . ."

I wish I could remember all the words. As I type them I can hear the song in my mind.

As I walked the choir director to her car, my neighbors commented on how nice it was to have the choir singing in the neighborhood. Their kids were all decked out in Easter dress. My other neighbor came out of her house and called out "Happy Easter!" And the sun shone and the blossoms danced on the trees.

At church, we sang 3 numbers, and the congregation sang 2 intermediate hymns. The chorister had the congregation stand for both of them and I felt like I was attending mass. up down. up. down.

After Sacrament meeting, I enjoyed my final Sunday School and Relief Society lessons in the singles ward. I felt both happy and sad--both emotions kind of overcame each other. I was pretty even keel. I did my best to avoid any goodbyeing. I allowed myself to thoroughly enjoy the ward though and to relish in the good parts. Relishing brought a little tear to my eyes here and there, but I tried to keep my emotions to myself. I might have come across as callously casual.

This afternoon, I enjoyed chicken alfredo. I am relaxing alone in the house, listening to more conference and celebrating Easter with me, myself, and I.

I hope you, yourself, and you enjoy a wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eve-E, I love you dearly and oh how I miss you so! Let's play soon, yeah? I do miss the choir from C2, it always was quite spectacular. Hey, remember the few times I actually made it to choir and once or more... you helped corral / distract the little one while I took care of another little one. YOU... WERE... AWESOME!!! And still are ;-) BIG HUGS to my favorite Eve-E.

Diane said...

Lovely~delightful~