Thursday, April 23, 2009

Existing

Lately, I've mastered the art of existing.

I'm very good at it. I'm not much good at anything else though.

In keeping with this vain, tomorrow's lesson plans are as follows:

American Experience--show a long movie and go over the midterms.
World Culture--go over midterms and have students present on key figures in the chapters. I'll probably actually teach a couple of chapters too, but I'll think about that tomorrow. Remember, the goal is to exist, while doing nothing overtly lively.

I managed to unload the dishwasher and take out the trash. I also took out the recycling because it is Earth Day.

Upcoming events: take Audy and Sam's engagement pics, go on blind date--(haven't heard from him yet--not sure this is still happening), and Spring Fest with new family ward. (I'm supposed to help with the hotdogs.)

I'm boring myself. I should never write about "existing". There's nothing interesting about it, but frankly, there's not a whole lot of interesting things happening in my world right now. I am bored. This is why I'm writing about what's happening years ago. I wouldn't write anything at all, except that the boredom/dissatisfaction is overwhelming me. I'm feeling unable to pull myself out of this rut, out of merely existing and into "existentialing!" (Is that a word?)

Here's an example of yesterday's existing exploits:

I had the day off. I looked at a bunch of gyms online that are closer than Bally's and won't require me to get on the freeway. I thought about going to visit them.

I watched Biggest Loser on hulu and ate some brownie batter. I didn't want brownies, just the batter.

I watched 24 and looked out at the deck and watched the clouds roll in. Thank heaven! Because it rained, I could justify not painting the deck on my day off!

Today wasn't much better. But I went to work! And I inspired young minds.

Here are my existential goals:
1) Wake up at sunrise and go for a walk. Take pics of the sunrise.
2) Go to Philadelphia and see the Cezanne exhibit before it closes!
3) Paint the deck.
4) Go and see 3 shows in DC--soon!
5) Plan a concert. (done and doing!)
6) Take a walk through an art museum in DC.
7) Eat only green leafy vegetables, fiber drinks, and fish/chicken for 7 days. This will help me to lose weight and appreciate food!
8) Develop a funky new look and go to a place where only strangers will see me! Walk around like a rockstar.
9) Go and see a show in NYC.
10) Stop making lists and get to bed by 11:00pm one night!

No comments: