Friday, April 10, 2009

Theatre Appreciation

Today's class was Theatre Appreciation. The goal in the class is to teach students to appreciate theatre. I have to remember this on days like today.

Today my classes projects were due. They were so cute, for the most part. So prepared, for the most part. But there were two main actors missing from both groups--right up until one of the actors showed up at the very last minute.

The directors of the scenes were just going crazy trying to figure out how to work these actors into the scenes. Or out of them, as the case might have been. There were some difficult moments, but overall--they all had a greater appreciation of theatre. (I hope.)

Because directors were giving me the secret low-down on actors attendance and preparation, I found out what students are liar liar pants on fires. or is that liars liars pants on fire? Not sure. Either way, no more Ms. Niave. I was really proud of the work that went into it. When the work actually went into it.

No comments: