Monday, July 6, 2009

A Capitol 4th!


This is the baby who sat next to us as we gathered to watch Aretha Franklin, Big Bird and the gang from Sesame Street, Barry Manilow, and Natasha Bettingfield sing at the Capitol 4th concert at the . . . . wait for it . . . . wait for it . . . .

The Capitol!


These are the fireworks. I love this picture because it shows the picture of the fireworks on the screen--(I believe they were being televised) and you can see the actual fireworks too!

Crazy!


We were there. But, really, we just listened to the concert and danced around in the grass. This is Barry Manilow through the trees.


These are the people watching the concert. The happy girl in the corner is Darla. Darla is a crack up.


As night descended on the crowds, I made my way up to get a better view of the fireworks and to take pictures of all the people gathered on the steps of the capitol.


More fireworks. Blurry Picture.


This is me behind people watching the fireworks.


If you look closely you can see all the little people gathered to watch the concert.

I hope you had a Happy Independence Day!

No comments: