Monday, July 20, 2009

Stevie Wonder

Best performance from the Michael Jackson Memorial. Just listen to it. Unless you're like me, and have it playing constantly because it is perfection on earth. Another reason to love Stevie Wonder.

On a more personal note, a friend passed away last week. I was never best friends with her. She was older than me, but she served as a silent mentor. I loved her work ethic, her talent, and her ability to create a life in the arts out of the normal, mundane collection of hours that we all have on this earth. While others created excuses, she created memorable roles. I still remember watching her in my purple tunic every night as her servant in Hamlet. Every night, I knew what she would say and do, and every night she would take me by surprise and I'd choke back tears.

She was so young and still so beautiful. I sat and listened to this song over and over again last night, thinking of Trish.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It wouldn't have occurred to me, but I have now listened to that several times this morning. . .

Thank you, Eve. It's perfect.

Matthew said...

I remember that from a couple weeks ago, but I was in such shock (or something like it) I did not realize how amazing that particular performance was. I am so sorry. What a loss for you of your friend, I am sadder still for her family. What on earth happened?!

Eve said...

She died. Not much more to say about it. I'd rather focus on the the loveliness of the life she shared.