Thursday, July 2, 2009

Observations on Eating Nothing

This week I've been working hard preparing for my new quarter that starts in 4 weeks. (It's a ways away, but I'm trying to get ahead.)

Today was supposed to be my day to get things done, and I got stuff done. But I was so tired from eating nothing on my new 3 day diet. Seriously, I felt nauseous with hunger for a good part of the afternoon.

I LOATHE beets, but I happily ate them at 4pm because I thought I was going to die of hunger. For breakfast, I had 5 saltine crackers and a piece of cheese. And an apple. After that feast, I went into Falls Church and took care of some business at the head Stratford offices. I came home and (surprise surprise!) was very hungry and looking forward to a nice healthy lunch of . . .

a hardboiled egg and toast.

(sooooo hungry . . . . .)

I continued through my vast list of things to do, making phone calls, finding things to do next week when mom is here, figured out new books for classes, graded papers, etc.

And tried not to vomit with hunger. Seriously, my stomach was clenching and I could barely see straight my sugar was so low.

I literally devoured the beets at 4pm. Then I ate a cup of cauliflower and mixed it with some tuna. I don't know if anything has ever tasted so good. It's crazy how good things taste when you're hungry.

Then I chopped up a cup of canteloupe.

By that time, it was too late. I needed to function. In the diet, I get to have a half a cup of ice cream. I ate more ice cream than I should have. A lot more.

And then I had 2 hotdogs. (without buns though!)

And now I am happy. And not hungry anymore.

I went 3 days eating perfectly, but I fell down on the home stretch. Seriously, eating nothing is a lot harder than it looks on paper!

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

what the heck kind of die-t are you on anyway... no wonder you were starving. How long are you doing it for and what kind of die-t was it?

Eve said...

The kind of diet where eating an extra cup of brocolli makes you feel like you're cheating--and so you're set up to do very well if you can just get through the 3 days. I love to cheat on diets, so if I can convince myself that eating veggies is a luxury, than I'm going to eat more of them, and maybe less cookie dough.

Sunshine said...

:) Good luck! Cookie Dough still calls.. I doubt you (us/anybody) will ever be able to ignore that call!

Good luck though!

And, you should be careful because I would almost bet you get hypoglycemic. Just make sure you have some protein in there. Fish is really good for protein too.

Love ya!