Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mom

For the past 10 days, I have been traipsing around DC with my mom. It has been wonderful! She came with a co-worker, Elizabeth. It was great fun traipsing around with them both.

List of things we did:

Dumbarton Oaks
National Cathedral
Old Europe Restaurant
Driving to Chincoteague Island
Swimming in the ocean where the waves beat me into the sand, but I continued to come back for more!! You can beat on me as much as you want--I will never stop loving you!
Eating at Seafood restaurant
Driving home
Tour of White House
Old Ebbitt Grill
Eastern Market
Folger Library
Gadsby's Tavern
Ghost Tours in Alexandria
Memorials Galore!

Yesterday we gave each other pedicures and went shopping. It was so much fun to spend lots of money on clothes for my mommy! She deserves to be spoiled!

And today, we went to Candi's Candys and got funny candy. We bought Nick a candy snake called a "hissy fit!" And we got Brent a fake devilled egg. And I got a pound of salt water taffy.

I miss her already. It was so nice having her here.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You are an eXCELLENT hostess! Where is Candi's Candys?!

Eve said...

Old Town Alexandria. I literally sighed with delight!