Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In the Heights

This weekend, Mike and I went up to NYC for a last minute trip. My friends from Pigeon Creek Shakespeare were putting on a show at the Kraine Theatre and I wanted to support them. I didn't want to go alone, so Mike very kindly volunteered to drive up.

We went in his convertible and got completely sunburnt as we drove the whole way with the top down. (Driving 95 mph in a convertible does HORRIBLE things to your hair--think Bridget Jones Diary--only I'm not nearly so cute.)

One of the highlights of the trip was seeing In the Heights. It is clear to see why they won Best Musical 2008.

Click here to enjoy some highlights from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQNqo2nNfz4

Katherine Mayberry and company did a great job. It was wonderful to see Marybeth and Heidi from graduate school doing so well in NYC. I have decided that I need to make NYC my home away from home.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I had a dream about you the other night. Ironically we were in New York and met up, the sad thing is I couldn't do much site seeing because my dream was ending. Then we went into this building where people were hiding... it was weird.

Maybe a combo of The Pianist and knowing that you were in New York made my dream weird. Looks like you had a blast!