Sunday, August 2, 2009

Perfect Temptation



Last night was a perfect night. Just a few people came over for an impromptu night in.

The menu: grilled salmon, colorful peppers, brie, strawberries, sourdough rolls, mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, candy corn, salt water taffy, and whatever other candy we had sitting around. (Notice it goes from healthy to unhealthy throughout the evening.)

We lounged around the living room watching a Burn Notice marathon--and then dear Clay brought out Shawn of the Dead.

Perfection.

So this morning, I'm supposed to teach a lesson in Young Women's on Resisting Sin.

I think I'm going to talk about how knowing what a Zombie wants (your brains) and knowing how to kill the Zombie (by bashing in its brains) gives you power over them--AND

if we know what Satan wants (your soul) and if we know how to defeat Satan (through testimony of Christ) we can gain power of Satan!

But then I'd have to explain where I got the idea from and I'd prefer not to tempt the little cherubs to watch an R-rated movie--even though I know all of you are enticed now!

In the movie, I'm a sneaky Zombie trying to suck out your brains.

In real life, I'm a little devil tempting you with a tasty movie.

2 comments:

Ace said...

Shaun of the Dead is my all time favorite movie. I love it. I need to watch it again. :)

Miss Heather said...

I believe I can honestly say Shaun of the Dead is my favorite movie too. I love it so much, I watch it all the time! So don't feel bad! I love American Psycho too. :)