Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day of Days

Today is that awful day that comes round once in a full moon.

This weekend was the awful precursor to the awful day.

I found myself weeping incessantly on Saturday, with zits blooming all over the left side of my face. My friend Robin called and I tried talking to her adorable boys about their new window art projects, but I just couldn't stop crying.

Then Sunday sweet hormonal relief happened.

And today--the horrific physical pain that follows the end of the hormonal rollercoaster.

Usually on this day of days, I curl in a ball and weep softly to myself, while rocking.

The weeping actually helps the pain.

Today I had to work. So today, I plotted out my work methodically. I scrubbed and breathed. I mopped and sighed. I cleaned and sang. I told my co-workers that I would be singing along with my ipod, and I didn't bother to ask whether they liked it or not. Singing/crying really does help with the pain.

So I sang myself silly.

I was so pleased that I made it through the night without fainting. I came home and watered the flowers and now I'm going to go to bed.

Good night cruel day of days. Until next month!

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

My face always breaks out too once a month. I hate what the menstruation does to me. I'm crabby and crying and an emotional wreck. For the first time in 2 months, I cried this past week. Over something stupid. I couldn't figure out why, and then it dawned on me, "duh. it's my time of the month". Until next month, my enemy of a friend...