Monday, September 13, 2010

Two Brilliant Blogs

Tonight I met Neylane McBaine. She was speaking at a Fireside at a chapel in Salt Lake City. Her mother is Ariel Bybee--the famous opera singer.

Before I move onto Nyla's subject--I must describe my meeting with her mother. I was sitting one person away from her. I thought to myself, someone on this row has a lovely singing voice. Yeah.... And then I realized that it was Ariel Bybee!!! Ack!

I stopped her after the fireside and said, "Are you Sister Bybee?" She smiled graciously and said, "Yes."

Then in my mind I said, "Your music is so inspiring. I can't tell you how much I love your rendition of 'O Divine Redeemer."

Instead, tears started streaming down my face and I said, "uhhhhh I .... can't speak."

Yep.

I finally muttered a "Thank you for your music."

I had much better luck with her daughter. Nyla has started a project called the Mormon Women's Project. You can visit it at www.mormonwomen.com. The point of the project is to show that there is more than one way to choose the right. I love it. I immediately ran up afterwards and said, "How do I help?"

One of the women that they're highlighting is the anonymous creator of the blog "Seriously So Blessed". I am cracking up reading this parody blog. It's too brilliant. From the misspellings to the crazy names for the kids to the guilt over store bought cupcakes. I luhhhve it. And the playlist is cracking me up as well.

Go visit: www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com and www.mormonwomen.com

No comments: