Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Dream

I'm looking for a new job. I like my job at Rubios, but it's part time and I need full time with benefits if I'm going to be able to establish myself as a happy resident of planet Earth.

My dream is to live in a nice little apartment, furnished with leftover furnishings from my parents house. I will have beautiful music playing and plants living and dying throughout the little one bedroom domicile. Friends will be able to come over and play video games. (I've never owned a video game console--but I've decided that I want to get a wii.)

I will work at my new job and I'll work at Rubios part time. I will do a show whenever a show comes along that I really like. And I will be happy living my life.

Oh! And I will get a piano as soon as possible.

I would like to live in South Salt Lake or Murray. Somewhere really cheap and somewhere where I don't have to bother with parking passes or doing yardwork.

This is my dream.

I really need your prayers right now. I am sinking too fast to swim right now. I don't know what I'm allowed to hope for anymore. Everytime I think I've come up with a dream that I can work towards, that dream is snatched away.

I'm trying to keep my dreams simple and realistic. Is it too much to want to be able to have a place to go and relax with friends? I don't think so. I think that wanting a good full-time job where I'll be able to have a simple happy life is a dream worth pursuing. And I think that I'm worth that much.

3 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Of course you are worth it!!! What kind of work are you looking for? I would totally come play video games with you. Remember back in the day when we used to play pin ball, or that baseball game at your house?

Bri said...

My dream is to live next door to your dream.
Or at least in the same neighborhood.
I'd come over to play wii, oh heck yes, you'd better believe it.
I'd go see your plays and we could strum guitars and sing on the weekends. Life would be good.

Eve said...

Rochelle and Bri, I am happy happy with the thought of playing with you both! Life would be swell...will be swell.