Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

This is the first year I've been with family in ages on Thanksgiving. I've had a wonderful time either having huge feasts, or enjoying a beautiful laid back day with friends. I was trying to figure out what Bri and I did last year--since she and I have spent the holiday together for the past few years--and I realized that last year I was sicker than a dog! I was alone on Thanksgiving last year!

This year, I moved my stuff from my grandma's house to my new apartment in SLC in the morning, enjoyed a feast at my Aunt and Uncle's house during the afternoon, and then watched Harry Potter with my brother and step-dad that night.

My wonderful family helped me move all of my crapola into my new apartment.

For the first time since February, I have all of my clothes hanging up and available to me. I have all of my stuff out of boxes. I am sleeping in my own bed. I am giddy. I might have to work 3 jobs, but having a home--my very own place to relax and just be--this is too good to be true. Words cannot describe how lovely it is just relaxing in my own bed, playing my music, and did I mention--I'm no longer living out of a suitcase!!

Currently, I have a giant pile of books in the middle of the living room. I have to figure out how I'm going to fit all the books into two book shelves. I'm going to need to get creative.

I am grateful. Very very grateful. Happy Thanksgiving all!

2 comments:

Bri said...

You were so sick! I came up the day after, I think and then we went out dancing...Which isn't exactly what the doctor ordered because I nearly killed you.

I am so happy to hear that you have a new place that is all your owney! Can't wait to see it!

Eve said...

When are you coming??