Sunday, May 11, 2008

Choir and other random events

My calling in the church right now is as the ward choir president. This means that I get to go to all the choir rehearsals and occassionally, I'll send out a reminder email about the upcoming practices.

Our choir director is an angel. She is brilliant. And so we sound brilliant. We sang in church today and it was divine. I wish I could play for you the song. And tonight we practiced this Moses Hogan arrangement of the spiritual "Stand by Me". It was too delicious for words.

In other news, I've lost 25 pounds--or I had until I got all bloated today and gained 6 pounds! Stupid period!! But it will all go away in a few days. I feel better. Except for the fact that I'm having a period after only 3 weeks. I usually go 2 to 3 months in between periods. This is a new twist! I guess the weight loss is changing my body.

And in other news, Spencer and I are running a kids acting workshop this summer with a woman who teaches English workshops. She is linked in with Alexandria schools and she's wonderful! She's renting us a nice space to work and we'll put together 4 sessions. If it succeeds, it should lead to private lessons and possibly a studio, but this is all in the future. Either way, things are looking up jobwise.

Another exciting event--Spencer has been given free range access to a beachhouse in North Carolina for the fall. This means that I get to spend at least a week on the beach in September! Whoopeee!!!

No comments: