Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Music

My friend Melanie has been leaving lovely comments about music on this blog--and she has amazing taste herself. So I feel inspired to blog about my favorite music.

It's so hard to choose your favorites though! It seems like everytime I choose a favorite, I turn around and discover a new band that I love! It always seems so final when I make a list. Even as I type it, a friend will say, "Well, have you heard these guys?"--and suddenly I have a new favorite to explore.

So without limiting my love--as Feist would say--I'm going to make a few random lists.

On my ipod--these are the most played songs. I don't feel like they're my favorites necessarily, but they're the ones I have listened to the most during the past year that I've owned this computer.

1. "I Feel It All" by Feist
2. "Limit to Your Love" by Feist
3. "Fin" by Supergrass
4. "Again & Again" by The Bird and the Bee
5. "The Underwood Typewriter" by Fionn Regan
6. "Come to Me" by Koop
7. "The Hat" by Ingrid Michaelson
8. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Diana Ross
9. "The Story" by Brandi Carlile
10. "Glimmer" by Aqualung

It's hard for the new music to catch up with the old music though because I am continually searching for new bands and new artists to relish in.

I'll do another post on new music I'm loving right now. . . but this is going to take some thought!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Thank you! I know some of those well, and some of those are new to me. . . I can't wait to give them a try.

Maybe I'll do a similar post so you can hear a few things you haven't. . .

Mama Bean said...

Have you heard of Antony and the Johnsons? check them out on youtube, especially "hope there's someone". My favorite. Here, I will make it easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIdaCK_HWCU

Eve said...

Oooh! I love this!! Thank you Rochelle and Melanie!