Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am not a loser

All right. I'm not a pathetic loser.

I finally got some things done today!

I cast the Stake play last night. That was a beast! But thanks to my fabulous producer, we went out to Chili's and hammered out a brilliant cast. It's going to be wonderful!

This morning I woke up and headed to the gym--then I went and papered the town with posters advertising the summer workshops I'm teaching with Spencer in August.

And now, I'm getting ready to go and teach my English class tonight. I'm going to have a mini careers workshop with them. I figure, where else are they going to learn how to write a business letter or type up a decent resumee! I'm excited. Most of my students are taking my class because they have to--and they don't see any benefit from studying literature. So, amidst the stories we're reading--I'm trying to throw in some great "how to" stuff.

I watched Michelle Obama on the view this morning while I was on the elliptical. I like her. She's a very likable woman. She makes me so happy.

And now I'm going to teach my wonderful students. Did I mention that I got to watch my students graduate this weekend? It was my first graduation as a professor!! It made me all vaklempt inside!!

No comments: