Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quick post:

Went to Obama rally in Manassas last night. 100,000 people. The energy was insane. We walked up and down the cars who were stuck in miles of traffic and talked to people in their cars. We took pictures of cars and people. You cannot imagine how amazing the energy was. We got there too late to see the actual rally--we just wanted to be in and among the people. It was worth the late night.

I am so happy to be an American.

I walked to the polls this morning and cast my vote. It's crazy here in Virginia. This is a red state, but it's bleeding blue today.

I'm off to go knock on doors and get people out to vote.

What an exciting day to be alive!

Just so we're clear: I am a woman of faith who voted for Barack Obama.

I will wholeheartedly support whoever is elected today. I will show that support by voicing my values and my opinions and ensuring that my views are represented. I will actively serve in my community and encourage my fellow citizens to do the same.

I have to go and canvass!! Go vote if you haven't already!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I Love You Eve! Thank you for sharing my faith AND my political beliefs. Its rare here in Utah. I am grateful for your blog. I feel like I know you better than I did when we were companions. I can't wait for the day to progress.

Miss Heather said...

YAYAYAY for voting for Obama! I wish I could have gone to a rally. That would have been so rad!