Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

It was a crazy, busy weekend. And I loved it.

Friday night I went with Lael to see the Folger's rendition of A Winter's Tale.

Before the show, Sade and Lael and I helped put up tables for CJ's reception and afterwards, Lael and I went to Silver Diner and had a great chat over ice cream sundaes and quesadillas. He is such a great guy!

Saturday morning was CJ's wedding. It was beautiful. We had a little crisis with getting extra table cloths, but it all worked out well. I spent the day running errands and making sure that everything was set. I think my favorite part of the day was playing hula hoop with Sarah Lynn in front of the church. Well--that and washing a thousand dishes with Jon! He and Eric were a great help.

Lesley's food was AMAZING. The cake was gorgeous and the different flavors of cakes tasted soooo good. The brie, the spinach artichoke dip, the fruit, the veggies, the sandwiches--all incredible.

And CJ looked like a princess. Christian looked great in his blues. It was a nice reception. Everyone had a great time.

Afterwards, we came back to the house to hang out.

Sunday, Sadey gave an amazing talk. She is such a great writer. Eric and Jon and I snuck out after Sunday School and went to tour around the city a bit since this was Eric's first touring visit.

While walking infront of the White House--we saw the motorcade! The guards were making everyone leave the area! And in the bushes, we saw secret service guys with HUGE guns hiding out. It was so stinking cool. The fountains were drained, so the monuments weren't so pretty--but dang it all--we saw a motorcade!! The suburbans back windows were open. I wondered why, then Jon explained that it's because agents are sitting in the back with giant guns. Later that night on the news, I saw Pres. Obama at the Kennedy Center. Now I know where they were going in that gigantic motorcade.

On the north lawn, they usually have protesters galore. But not anymore. Now there's just the lone guy in his tent protesting Nuclear weapons. It's so sad to see them all gone. It's not like the problems have all gone away. But somehow Pres. Obama is going to make them all disappear. I think I'd be feeling the pressure right now if I were him. I really liked the protesters. They represent free speech. It's a nice active note in the city.

We talked to a guide at the Korean War Memorial for a while about the memorials. He was great.

By the end of the tour, my feet were pretty tired. I came home and crashed on the couch.




No comments: