Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesdays with Evey

Yesterday I compiled a 30 page lecture. Much to the chagrin of my poor students who were hoping I would run out of things to teach after 3 hours. I was really proud of it. In talking about slavery, I read from Slave Dancer while showing the students pictures from the Middle Passage. When introducing the Declaration of Independence, I showed them a video I had taken of the tour guide at Independence Hall. And I passed around a book about Benjamin Franklin that CJ had given me. It is the coolest book ever. It has awesome copies of original documents. I am so pleased!

Today is my day off. It is gorgeous outside, and I could still go to a museum if I wanted to.

Instead I'm sitting in my pajamas doing family history.

Why? Because today I get to do whatever I want. I get to get caught up. I am going to do laundry, and I'm going to clean the house a little. I'm going to enjoy being able to spread out my tasks across the great expanse of the day. Oh the great expanse of Tuesdays!

I should make the most of this day. But if I don't--who cares!! It's my day! My beloved wonderful Tuesday.

The day off.

No comments: