Friday, March 20, 2009

First Week of the Quarter

I know it's been forever since I posted. I have wanted to post, but then I remember that I have to prepare massive lectures. And then I get anxious and tired and decide that I would prefer to watch Buffy or Arrested Development. Then I feel guilty. Then I work on my lesson plans.

This week I started a new quarter. Just to make myself feel better about things, here's the giant list of crapola I get to teach this quarter:

American Experience
Advanced Writing
College Composition
American Experience (again--thank heaven. Less planning time.)
World Cultures
and I'm still teaching Theatre Experience

and today, I am tired. I taught 8 hours of history yesterday. My brain is ready to explode. Teaching for 8 hours, (each class is a 4.5 hour class) is not a problem. I can talk and talk. And I can find youtube videos and develop activities, etc. BUT, finding all these activities and reading all the material to make sure that I've got 4 hours of material is making my head explode. In class, I love my job. Before class, I'm a nervous wreck hoping that I will be able to pull off the feat of teaching in 3 different disciplines.

I seriously love my job. I just wish I could do it full-time and only have to teach 4 classes a quarter like a normal person instead of grabbing every class possible because I'm not sure what next quarter will bring. I'm not fond of the anticipation factor.

Well, I posted! I did it! Here's a post. It's not really all that interesting, but interesting isn't what's traveling in my veins right now. Sheer exhaustion is flowing in my veins.

On the bright side, if you want to know about Sargon the Great or the Zoroastrians--I'm your girl!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

That is way too many different classes! And who is SARGON?! I can not imagine preparing for 4 hours! How many times do they meet per week?! that is insane!

Sunshine said...

I love your life! You, Eve, you ARE a teacher and a damn good one! I wish I could sit in on one of your lessons... sigh... Love ya girl