Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Friday's Presentation

I have to give a presentation on Friday at Virginia Commonwealth University.

In addition to the regular massive lectures I get to prepare.

Here's the title that conference attendees received:

“Art Without Audience Is Incomplete”

I have to write a 15 minute presentation on this topic by Friday. I don't know what I was smoking when I submitted my abstract. I figured I'd come up with something brilliant, but I haven't got a clue!!

Art without audience is incomplete.

Yep.

I did my Masters thesis on the necessity of audience participants in early modern drama. I thought that I could take some bits of the thesis and use it in the presentation. I went to Silver Diner tonight and read the thesis over looking for bits and pieces I could mangle in an effort to squeeze the 60 pages into a 15 minute paper.

As I reread it, I was really happy with the work I had done on it 3 years ago. I began to read it through the eyes of my advisers. I felt horrible for making them read it over 3 times. Then I thought about my future reading thesises, theses, (feces . . . :) All I got out of that trip was a yummy meal and a giant headache.

And now it is 11:27pm and I am enraptured with Will and Grace.

I will write the presentation tomorrow morning.

I promise.

No comments: