Thursday, March 26, 2009

List of Random Stuff

I think it's high time I made a random list of things that have been crossing my mind lately. I'm home for a 2 hour break and I'm going to spend part of it blogging.

1) I can't find any scissors in the house. I'm tired of using knives. My mother has had the same blue scissors for over 20 years. Her sewing scissors are about 100 years old. She never loses anything. Ever.

2) I've stopped wearing a coat because it is after March 21st and I believe that Spring is here whether the wind chill factor is 35 or not. I may be freezing, but I will not wear a coat today. S'there.

3) Did you know that Confucius studied to become an adviser to rulers, but because of backbiting politics among other officials, he never reached his goal--and finally accepted that through teaching his students he could have more influence over the fate of his people than he would as a mere minister to a ruler?

4) I haven't had a Rockstar or a Red Bull since before Christmas. I didn't eat anything after downing my McFlurry last night at 5pm.

5) I'm enjoying doing family history right now. I just printed off the cards to have my great-grandmother's immediate family sealed to one another. Neato Frito!!!

6) My favorite commercial is the hulu one with Eliza Dushku where they admit that they are aliens who want to turn our minds to mush through constant access to television.

Mission accomplished!

And now I need to get back to studying the ins and outs of World Culture.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Ha Ha! That was hilarious. Thanks for blogging your random stuff and making me laugh today. I'm sick and I needed to smile, but now my throat hurts from laughing. Shoot.

Diane said...

I'm tellin' ya---you could be making $ with this stuff!