Thursday, February 25, 2010

today

Monday was great! I taught my classes and graded papers. I worked non-stop from 7am to 10pm. It was great! I put out fires, inspired students, and took care of business!

Tuesday was great! Another 15 hour day. I graded papers whenever I wasn't teaching or tutoring.

Wednesday I had a make-up class, did some one on one tutoring, went to a wonderful Black History luncheon and presentation where my students had prepared a beautiful meal, and graded papers. Lots of papers. I went to dinner with a group of friends for Bill's birthday and enjoyed hearing Bill pluck his guitar and sing bluegrass.

These were good days. I need to appreciate these good days.

Nights are not so good. I am eating too much, flirting with all the wrong people--people I would never actually date--so why do I respond to their messages!! Stupid stupid stupid. And today, I'm chilling in my robe, eating spaghetti and watching television.

The first part of this blog is to make myself feel better about vegging for a day.
The second part of this blog is to give a cheer to all my brothers and sisters out there who have these days where they feel like they are failing at life.

I realize this is entirely too dramatic. Even as I type this, I feel a little stupid for feeling guilty for sitting here cuddled under a blanket, chomping on m&ms and wishing that I hadn't devoured the entire carton of Ben and Jerry's last night. (sigh) I guess this means I'm gonna have to put on a bra and go and get some more. :)

Tomorrow will be a great day. Today I will get over myself and try and dig up some candy in the house so I don't have to get dressed.

No comments: