Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Winter Survey of Sorts


Have I been working on next quarter's syllabi?
(No.)
Have I been grading midterms?
(No.)
Have I been cleaning and packing in preparation for my move in 2 weeks?
(No.)

Have I been a cross stitching maniac?
YES!
Have I shoveled the back deck that was filled with 54 inches of snow?
YES!
Is the backyard currently filled with snow so high you could jump off the deck into it?
YES!
Did I clear the front driveway of snow?
YES!

Should I get back to work preparing lectures and grading tests?
(yes.)
Should I pack boxes and get ready to move?
(yes.)

Will I watch Thursday night tv while cross stitching tonight instead of working?
YES!



2 comments:

Crystal said...

That is really beautiful, Eve. Who is it for? I FINALLY graded papers Monday evening after 4 days of doing nothing productive, so I get that.

Where are you moving?

Eve said...

Cross stitch is for my friend Robin's new baby. I started cross stitching for her kiddos 6 years ago. And since I've done one for the other two boys--this last one deserves a pretty cross stitch too! I am moving temporarily into an apartment in Vienna. I'm housesitting for a friend until July, then I'm moving again to a permanent place in Alexandria in July. Life will be transient for a little bit, but I'm saving a bit of money this way.

Tomorrow I will get on the whole work stuff. Tomorrow! At some point, we will need to get together. I miss your face!