Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Is on Sunday!

Yippee! Skippee!

I hate this holiday.

I went on a first date with a guy tonight. I was so nervous. I went because--it's Valentine's Day.

Ugggggggh.

Luckily, he didn't push anything. We had a good time. He was very nice and we had a great meal.

We have NOTHING in common.

But he is good looking, smart, and very nice. But I just don't see it happening. Maybe--he wants to go out again.

Why can't I convince myself to care anymore?

I did the dating thing. I'm done. I'm officially done.

I believe in love. I've seen it. I've felt it. But I just don't want to want it anymore. So I don't care.
And if that ain't a Happy Valentine's Day message--I don't know what is! I just love seeing everyone's happy pictures on facebook. I truly am happy for you--but I just don't feel that way about anyone right now. And I'm not going to make myself love someone just so I can have a good time at this random holiday.

I got a tasty free meal though. . . and to end this truly pathetic post . . .

. . .In happier news, Lesley had her baby girl this week. I cried when I saw the picture. Little Maebel Losa. Yay baby girl!! Congratulations!!!

3 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Dear Eve. I hate Valentines Day too. If I happen to want a box of chocolate on February 14th, I will buy it my damned self! :) (Actually I prefer to buy chocolate on the 15th. It's cheaper.) I do love my husband, and I am pretty sure he loves me. BUT it means so much less when he HAS to get me something! I MUCH rather he be at the store and be like "oh, I know Rochelle loves swedish fish, so I will pick her up a bag." or "oh Rochelle likes this kind of flower, I will buy her one even though it is Apri 27th not Feb. 14th." It means more, you know?

I am glad you got a free and tasty dinner, even if it is in the name of Valentines Day :) And even though I am not a fan of the day, I am sure I will be milking the "honey do's" in the name of Valentines Day :)

Mama Bean said...

Huh, I thought it had my name on my thingy. Oh well....
Mama Bean = Rochelle

Eve said...

Rochelle it is always so good to hear from you! I just love you.