Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bicycle Voice at Aperture Gallery


Saturday night I went to the Aperture Gallery in Sugar House to see some local artists and to listen to the lovely and talented Meg Webb, aka Bicycle Voice.

Her set was just delightful.

August nights in Utah are delightful. They are cool and refreshing. I was alone and happy.

As I walked through the museum, I took note of how fashionable all the visitors were. Artistic people are just so dang cool.

I was wearing my jean skirt and my tie dyed shirt. An old man in a similar shirt smiled and said, "I like your shirt." So, I guess I was stylish enough. ;)

The local art was beautiful. I wish I could remember names so I could promote them, but I can't.

I love art. There was one piece entitled "Snow" that was just incredible. It was a small square with paint splattered in imperfect vertical lines of white, with smudges of reddish brown. It was simple and elegant. Another painting consisted of a man in a red shirt that seemed in shadow from one perspective and in light from another perspective.

After viewing the art, I snuck into the Yard to the side of the museum where the stage was set up for live music. I sat on a rickety bench on the side of the stage and enjoyed Meg Webb's set.

Before she started, I watched the people, and read Hunger Games.

It was a wonderful evening.


3 comments:

CMS said...

Summer nights... they can be so magical as a single are a dating person, but a lot of magic is lost on the married. Sigh.

Anyway, that sounds just perfect. Valerie is waiting for me to buy MockingJay when I get "rich again." HaH HAH!

I miss you, but you are doing amazing things.

Eve said...

I will send you Mockingjay when I finish it. I'm betting the library will be loaded with copies in just a few weeks though!

Judy said...

Meg Webb is awesome! We love her!