Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Move!

I know I know. . .

It's a travelogue. But hey! I'll try and make it interesting. . . . enough. If this is boring for you--imagine how bored I was driving!

Day 1: I woke up at 6 am Thursday morning after sleeping fitfully for 5 hours on my mattress on the floor. I kept thinking of things I needed to do--but I had to be in Chicago that night.

I got on i-66 at 6:36. It is 2 miles from i-66 to i-495. It took 30 minutes to go 2 miles.

That was a horrible start to the trip--but a really nice way to end things in DC. As I sat in traffic, I thought, THIS I will NOT miss. It helped me say goodbye.

I drove up into Pennsylvania and into the Appalachian Mountains. It was a beautiful drive. I love how quickly the East Coast goes from heavy traffic/very urban to middle of nowhere countryside in just no time. They didn't have Brigham Young sending settlers out to colonize up and down the coast so that no particular city became overwhelmed. The cities are crowded and the country is country.

I stopped for gas once in Pennsylvania at a little mountain store. I won't even tell you how much tolls were on the Pennsylvania Turnpike because it will just make you ill. Soooo much money!!

To be continued . . . (must spread the love so that you're not completely bored to tears . . .)

2 comments:

CMS said...

You are right about the tolls. I ran out of money and had to stop off an exit and get more cash the last time I drove across PA to Ohio. It was amazing.

I loved looking/reading at your last supper with those you love you in DC. You made just amazing an impression. I guarantee.

Eve said...

There were so many people (YOU) that I wish could have been there!