Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How to Make Money and Be Happy

I'm sick again.

Yippee!

I'm completely allergic to my life right now.

Things need to change...pronto...

So here are a list of things that make me happy:

Acting
Teaching
Writing

These are the things that I love doing. This is why I got my MFA and MLitt in Shakespeare in Performance because I got to study acting, write, and teach a multitude of workshops.

I spent the last few years working as a professor and an actor.

I need to be doing these things.

My body is physically ill doing anything else.

I didn't think I was such a wimp.

I thought that I could survive doing anything. What an absolute shmuck. I have truly been humbled.

I believe that there are paths in life that we NEED to take and that one way or another, we will be led to those paths.

I am in so much pain right now. Is there really agency when one choice leads to such mind numbing pain??

So I have to figure out a new plan. I've been trying to find a day job with consistent hours that will allow me to do theatre. I've interviewed at a job that would be absolutely wonderful, but I need to figure out a plan where it will be all right if I find out that I didn't get that job.

I've decided to submit writings to 3 places a week. I'm going to visit the various private schools in the area and submit my resume as a substitute teacher. I'm going to allow myself to be gainfully unemployed and try not to have a heart attack. I've got to give myself a chance to be who I am.

Now I need to figure out whether I should eat or not. hmmmm... tummy hurts. need food. uggggh...so painful...

No comments: