Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Source of Power




It is so easy to believe that winning the war is impossible.

It is so easy to believe that losing would be so much easier.

It is so much easier to believe the rhetoric and the logic... and stop hoping.

But this is the side I chose.

This is the side I'm on.

This side may lead me on a path of loneliness.

I may never have everything the world could offer me, but Emmanuel will come. And He will rescue Israel. And I will lift up my voice to the heavens and sing with the choirs that welcome the Savior as he descends on clouds of glory. I will raise my voice with those of all those who waited with hope and love for that beautiful day for Emmanuel to come and ransom captive Israel.

Whenever I forget the power of the side I have chosen, I listen to this song. I listen to voice crying for Emmanuel. And then I feel the power of the organ, the horns and the swell of the chorus. Each faithful individual joining in song to conquer doubt and fear in a chorus that smashes all doubt as to God's Supreme power in this universe.

This is the side I choose. It is not easy to choose this, but it is right.

No comments: