Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mini Blogs

On Driving in DC

Yesterday while driving to the temple, I hit massive traffic. What usually takes 40 minutes took 2 hours. Not cool. But the worst part is when you're close to the exit, so you're riding in the right lane, and the cars are merging from the freeway entrance.

This is not a bit deal in normal land, but here in DC they do the most annoying thing. They ride in the lane that is coming to an end, with their blinker on the whole time, and even if you make a good space for them to merge into--they stay in the dying lane until it ends and then just kind of end up in your lane.

The problem is, you're basically riding along with a massive space in front of you, and you really want to just pull ahead and flow with traffic but you can't because you're riding side saddle with this stupid car. They act like they're in the right lane, and you end up having to merge in with them. It drives me to distraction.

On Watching Grey's Anatomy:

Granted, it is quite the little soap opera, and frankly the guiltiest of pleasures--but it's nice to have a protagonist I can relate with in Meredith. Even if I think she's a bit of a weenie. I get her. The other night, dear friends--cause I do love them--commented that they couldn't stand Meredith.

It made me think. I don't like her either, but I get her. Whenever happiness comes along, she gets a big dose of pain and rejection. Not to rehash old wounds, but some of us kind of get that. And so despite her annoying ways, we understand her. And we appreciate that there's a storyline about a complicated woman. It's refreshing.

And so to my dear friends, I disagree. And that is all.

Pretending like I'm rich:

I was late to a show last night in DC. I was alone at 10pm. Usually, I like the whole single and independent vibe, but last night I realized it might not be the brightest idea to park my car and walk 3 blocks by myself at 10pm. Besides, I would end up being late to the show!

So I had my car valet parked.

You know who else had their car valet parked?

A black rolls royce. (tee hee. :))

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey you! I am so glad you went to the temple, we are going to a baptism for my friend's baby on the 8th and I am going to see if Abby can watch her cute, adorable, pudgy nephew so her brother and I can go to the temple. It is good to go to the temple! So... on the interstate, people (BAD, BAD people do that same thing!) I HATE IT! In fact, I decide to be law enforcer and ride halfway in the closing lane, halfway in mine at snails pace (the pace of non-cheating traffic) to block people from passing me. I saw a semi do that once and was definitely agreeing with that sentiment.

As for Grey's I don't really like it, but I DO like Big Love. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is so the drama, but not the affairs, and I like that.

Miss Heather said...

You're adorable. :) And I love that you valet-parked your car. How trendy and "rich" are you!!