Sunday, February 15, 2009

Old Friends

I have had the most wonderful weekend.

Last night I saw three old friends. Kay from Iowa--visiting from Delaware. Melissa from Southern Virginia--who is now living in Vienna. And Bridget from Maryland Shakespeare.

I only was able to see them for short bits of time since I had plans with all 3 of them, but I was just overwhelmed at how lucky I have been to know and love such wonderful women.

Melissa is running an art gallery where she would like to open it up to open mic theatrical performances. It's a great space. It was so neat to meet the artists and see all the places we could perform. It was an open mic monologue night so I performed 2 pieces. It went really well!

Kay was a friend from when I lived in Iowa. I haven't talked to her in years. She is great! We only chatted briefly at the temple, but it was worth it. Sometimes just seeing a face can remind you of all the people that you miss.

There's something about seeing old friends that reminds me that life isn't about money--it's about memories. Happiness comes from our experiences with one another.

Bridget was wonderful in the play last night. She played an "ugly duckling" who had turned into a swan,but didn't realize it. It was so funny. And after the show as I was talking to her, I became overwhelmed with love. Luckily, she lives in the area so we're going to hang out next week.

It was a perfect way to start the Valentine's Day weekend.

No comments: