Monday, February 23, 2009

A Super Long Day!

I am feeling much better than I have been over the past few weeks.

I wish I could describe how blah I've been lately. Apparently getting 7 cavities taken care of in 3 weeks is pretty horrible. Yick.

I spent the weekend in Philadelphia. I really like that city. I don't know what it is, but there's something wonderful about this city, despite the rampant murder rate. I'll post pictures later.

I went up with my roommate Sarah and stayed with my friend Jon from the mission. He made us pancakes from scratch! I'll stop talking about it and just post pictures. Later.

Meanwhile--it was great finally having energy today!

I woke up early and I've been going all day long.

I cleaned up at Jenny's house, chased after a dog and a two year old, then came home and vacuumed my own house, did the laundry, went for a walk, made lasagna (Stouffer's-I'm not THAT ambitious), corn bread, salad, and green beans for the missionaries and my friend Jim who came over for dinner, then I went to see Coraline--(Jim's choice--but I wanted to be scared! And I was!!) And then I came home and got a bunch of stuff done for classes. And now it is almost 11pm and I'm exhausted.

It is so nice to have the energy to pull off a good long day.

And may I just say that the missionaries were wonderful! They shared the story of Alma the younger. They were so gracious. Jim isn't interested in joining the church at all, and he's moving back to California--but we all had a mutually positive experience, and these kinds of experiences make for peaceful happy feelings between everyone. I am going to try and make a goal to have a friend over with the missionaries once a month--regardless of whether I think the friend would be interested in the church or not. It's about creating positive experiences.

2 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

i want to hear more about your trip to PA!!! i'm so bummed i couldn't come. hope you had a blast!

Eve said...

We'll go again. Not everyone was there the whole time. Someone had to study on Saturday, so there's that. I am going to see if I can talk them into coming down for CJs wedding.