Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Magic

Today is a perfect, lazy Sunday. Allergies are running rampant. I slept through my alarm clock that I had set for 10:30am. Seriously. I had a headache all day yesterday, but it was just allergies, so it was fine.

I ran to church and prepared to teach my relief society lesson. I thought things went well. I was extended a calling--which I'll talk about when I actually get sustained and all that jazz. When I came home, I bbqed up some chicken and grilled some green peppers. It was a delicious feast. I've spent the afternoon lounging around my living room listening to music, and reading. It's one of those "pinch me please this day is too perfect" days. The sun is shining. I can actually see some blue! It's a miracle!

Oh, and on top of the blue sky and the perfect chicken--I had to bring chocolate chip cookies to church today to give away to all the dads. This translates into leftover cookies for me!

Last night while I was purchasing chocolate chips and flour, a very nice stranger followed me around the grocery store and very kindly flirted with me. He asked me what I was doing that evening, and I told him--making cookies. I was just being honest! I think he took it as harshly as if I had said, "washing my hair!" But I really was making cookies . . . (sigh.)

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in my life--John, Brent, Popop, Grandpa Jon--thank you for all you've taught me and given to me.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

nice, I love Sunday's like that. I am excited to see what your calling is.

Crystal said...

Ask Bria to go with you! I think she was going to try to go and it fell through! We went Royal Carribean to Nassau for 4 days for $600 total. And it was GREAT! I booked with cruise.com