Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Little Happy Things

Elliptical for 50 minutes.
Bought a new set of drawers (mine are currently sitting on the floor because I can't get them to move in and out properly) for $69.
Ate blueberries yesterday.

I stayed after class and had a good discussion with an evangelical student who believes I'm leading people to hell by teaching them about Islam and Buddhism in our Ethics class. Convinced him that the gospel of Christ was inclusive, not exclusive and when people seek for truth, God will bless them with a measure of it. It's our duty to recognize the truth wherever we find it. I said, "Buddhism teaches to alleviate suffering and to show compassion for others. Is this so different from what Christ teaches? Find the truth and ignore the rest. Enjoy the truth." At the beginning of our discussion he was so abrasive, when he left, he was fairly giddy.

And so was I!

50 minutes on the elliptical. I'm still sweating, and I just got out of the shower.

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Way to go on the exercising!! You rock my world and are a GREAT example!

Sunshine said...

Way to Go Eve! Way to Go!! Sounds like a very interesting discussion, and one I would have enjoyed listening too!

Eve said...

It was a great discussion. You would have been a welcome addition to the conversation!