Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm running away!

It's official. . .

I told my landlord that I was moving in March/April.

I love my house, but this upcoming contract has forced me to take a good hard look at what I want and need in life right now.

soooooo, I'm gonna move.

I love my house, but I've been here for over 2 years. And that's long enough.

I need a change.

I'm not growing. I've got to change.

So here are my options:

1) Move to an apartment in Arlington (closer to the city) with different amenities.
2) Move to New York.
3) Move to another city.

If anyone who reads this blog would like to move into the house, we're looking for residents to take over. It's a great house, but I just need a change of scenery.

Call me a glutton for punishment. I should just enjoy being here, but I can't.

I need to embrace the fact that I am single. I am single and not tied down anywhere. So I need to enjoy that.

A couple of weeks ago Addison on Private Practice talked about how no one would care if she died. She said that people would care, but it wouldn't destroy anyone. I understand that speech. I know people love me, but I can come and go and it doesn't really affect anyone else in the world.

I can be depressed about this, or I can exercise the freedom behind this predicament--and run away. I can run away to wherever I please.

In an effort to make the best out of a depressing predicament, I am going to investigate all the lovely places in the world I can gallop off to--and I fully intend to gallop come March 1st.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

First of all, I absolutely love you and I don't want you to die. Second, I love that you're running away and you have the flexibility to do so. Sometimes I really really want to. But I can't. Third, I think you should move to a new city. New men, new friends, new grocery stores, new ward, new EVERYTHING. That's my vote. And I am SO excited to see you in three weeks!

Miss Heather said...

Um, my life would be devestated if you died. It WOULD effect my day-to-day living. Don't fool yourself! You mean too much to me!! :)

And I'm glad you're moving. I would move too if I could. And I would move to NYC. Seriously. It's my dream to live there someday. In a ridiculously expensive loft apartment in the middle of Manhattan. No joke. :)

Hannah S said...

Is your job not enjoyable enough to make it worth staying? It seems so lucky to be a college prof. But change is always good :)