Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Snowing!


The snow is falling and everyone on the Eastern Seaboard is going a little crazy.

I have no intention of driving in the snow,

but still . . .

It's kind of hilarious.

We have an inch of snow of the ground and all the schools are closed.
(on Saturday--so does it really count?)


In an effort to prepare for the storm of the century (see above picture for evidence),
I went to the store and stocked up on the essentials:

birthday cake ice cream
peanut butter crunch cereal
potatoes
cheese
clam chowder
stove top stuffing
and of course. . .
oatmeal
(cause it's tasty.)

As I watch the snow flutter down, I'm reminded of King Lear's immortal words:

"Blow winds, and crack your cheeks! Rage! Blow!
You cataracts and Hurrincanoes, spout
Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd our cocks!"
Lear 3.2


2 comments:

Crystal said...

I am so glad you have ice cream! I got cat food (of course), 2 gallons of whole organic milk, 1 gallon skim milk, tortilla chips :-), eggs, crasins, CHEESE and chocolate. I wanted queso dip but I had to draw the line.

I actually think tomorrow morning, you should post another picture because you are going to have a LOT MORE SNOW~

Which means, we are going to have to have a snow check for tomorrow... but I have allllll next week off (hint, hint).

PS- Matt has an MRI Wednesday

Eve said...

That's great about the MRI!

I'm flying out on Tuesday for Utah. But I'll be back Monday the 28th--so there's plenty of time to play!

I am looking forward to the snow. It's fun!