Sunday, December 6, 2009

NYC at Christmas

Michael looking dapper in front of the Rockefeller Tree.

Blurry pic, but I kinda like it. Sarah and Mikey huddling under umbrellas, looking at photos. Mike bought all 4 of us umbrellas when he saw that the snow was falling.


Ice skaters at Rockefeller Center.


Me in front of the giant tree.


Angelina and Sarah inside Radio City Music Hall.


This would be the chandelier at Radio City Music Hall.


Christmas in NYC. We were lucky enough to get there in time to see the first snowfall of the season flutter down on the city. It was perfect.

The show itself was trippy. And awesome. My favorite bit was the dancing bears. Giant stuffed bears doing ballet. The toy soldiers were incredible. During the live nativity--there were camels walking across the stage on their way to see baby Jesus. Camels. Live. Camels.

And dancing Santas.

And flying children.

It was a little trippy.

Like Disneyland in 90 minutes.

I thought I saw a sign that said no photography, but the whole place lit up with flashes during the whole show. It didn't stop me from cringing every time someone took pictures. I feel a little pretentious not just relaxing and going with the flow. It was more like a ride than a show.

Before the show, we had a very nice meal at Capital Grille. I had the peppercorn steak poivre with the creamy brandy sauce. Heaven.

After going to church in Brooklyn, we went to lunch at Fulton Market with my friend Marybeth. Marybeth lives in Queens and she has an open room. She has an open room.

I have a week to make a decision.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Um, I am kinda WAY JEALOUS! That looks too incredible to even imagine. I have ** NEVER ** seen a show outside a high school performance. Course. I had a baby right after high school and have been dealing with that ever since ;-)

Anyway. It looks too phenomenal.

I LOVE the Kennedy Center photos too. That looks way rad.

Lucky girl!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Love the photos---I've always wanted to go to NYC!

Sunshine said...

Seriously... you need to go for it!! But, then what do you do about teaching and stuff!!!

Beautiful pictures, and I would have loved to have been there. Hope you're doing well chicka!

I'm a prego loser right now, that feels like she wants to stay in this little shell and talk to no one. Please forgive me! I love you bunches... just... eh.. I don't know!

Eve said...

I understand the whole little shell thing. It's been a fun year filled with lovely new experiences. I am really grateful for these little opportunities. I have very fun, adventurous friends who are kind enough to invite me along for the ride. It's difficult to stay hidden in the shell with such lovely opportunities to peek my head out.

As for teaching--I think I'm going to keep teaching here. . .and commute until I find another job. But I haven't decided anything yet.

Miss Heather said...

I can't even express my jealousy in words... what you just did is on my Bucket List... I swear I will make it to NYC at Christmastime one of these years... I have to!! And you should come with me!! I am so so so so so so so so JEALOUS!!!

Eve said...

In response to the jealous thing--going to NYC is like going to Vegas if you live in Cedar City. It's not that far. I have a friend who got us a great rate on a hotel. We drove up Saturday and drove back Sunday. It was fun, but really nothing to be really jealous about. Frankly, I think Salt Lake is much more beautiful at Christmas. It just looks good in a blog. And on a bucket list! But honestly, it's all a little too manufactured. This is my hesitation about moving there--am I moving to NYC because it will make me feel cool to say I live(d) there? Or am I moving there because I will find true happiness in the busy streets? I dunno. Frankly, if I thought I could find a job--I'd move back to Salt Lake City in a heart beat. It's so beautiful there. And I have so many friends and loved ones there who bring me pure, unmanufactured joy.