Friday, August 23, 2013

35 and Feeling Fine.

Yesterday, I was carrying my laundry on my back from the laundry hut across the road to my apartment with this beautiful pink bag. As I walked in my beautiful dress with my beautiful cotton flowery shoes over the little wooden bridge, I felt like a dog.

Not ugly like a dog. But rather like the kind of cared for little cockapoo we had when I was growing up. The kind that if I believed in reincarnation I'd wish to come back as in another life.

I am so blessed. So cared for. I have such a beautiful life.

I have dear friends who support me and care for me.

My parents--all of them--care for me and love me for who I am.

So I floated across the little wooden bridge with my clothes on my back and a smile on my face passed the little duckies to my little apartment. 

Today, I turned on some music as I got in the shower. I listened to a sad song from college and let the water just soak my face and hair and wash all my cares away. The music melted me. I sang along with Tracy Chapman's "The Promise" and let my body move with the music as I lathered my hair and limbs. Then The Jackson 5's song "I Want You Back" came on and I just started dancing in the shower.

I felt gloriously sexy. My beautiful body just moved effortlessly with the music as the water applauded my fabulous dance moves and my killer curves. I felt so magnificent and womanly.

35 is a good year folks.

Today I am grateful to be me.

No comments: