Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tomorrow

Today we sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" in church.

The words, "Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love... Here's my heart, O, take and seal it. Seal it for thy courts above."



The speakers were a husband and wife who have served together in the church throughout the world.

Sister Cannon shared these two points.

1) Look for the revealed light that comes from choosing good.

2) Render unto everyone according to their due.  Look for opportunities to acknowledge the good that people do and to give them credit for their good deeds.


There are blessings in the works.

I can feel them bubbling beneath the surface.

I usually need to control things. I need to see how things will play out. I want to understand the beginning from the end.

Right now I don't know what is going to happen. But there are premonitions of things coming down the pike. Experiences, relationships, environment.

In the meantime, I will enjoy the lessons taught today. I will give my heart to God. I will choose to do good and honor wisdom gained. I will look for opportunities to heap praise where it is due.

Today I am grateful for the process of becoming and the joy of discovering what is to come.

No comments: