Thursday, September 3, 2009

Help Me!

I notice that many of you have very cute blogs, and I was trying to make mine cute. But I don't know how to change the background now that I've chosen one.

I liked it at first. But now, I don't. It's too dark. Too purply. I'm not a purple person. I'm a light blue person. I found another great background, but I can't figure out how to delete the first gadget!

My expert blogger friends--any help would be appreciated.

I am on my way to the grocery store! I am going to make Panang Curry!

(I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing--but hopefully I'll be able to find shallots, coriander roots, and lemon grass.)

Does anyone know what galangal looks like? (What on earth am I thinking?)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my! I would LOVE to help. I love changing my around. I have to refrain from doing it too often cause it has become a bit time consuming for me. :)

Alicia said...

ha ha! you have two blog backgrounds layered. How did you do the first one? did you add it as HTML in your coding page or did you add it as a gadget down at the bottom? I couldn't find it? If you add it as a gadget, you can just go in and replace the text each time you want it to change.

Eve said...

I don't know how to open up the gadget! I didn't replace the gadget, I added a new one. But I don't know how to delete the old one. It's not showing up in my layout. I love your backgrounds. I was thinking of you when I decided to try something new.

Melissa said...

To edit a gadget you go into customize (which has a tab at the top of the blogger screen). Then it will bring up the layout page which is how your blog is set up. There should be a column on one side and at the bottom that has all the "gadgets" you've added to your blog and you can click on the one you want to edit. Once in there you can delete the gadget. The gadgets that have my blog skin information (which is what changes the appearance of your blog) are all labeled html/javascript. I don't know if that helps, but at least it will get you in the right direction! :)